There’s an influx of foreign immigrants getting employed and moving to Canada with a temporary work permit.
However, before you can apply for a temporary work permit, it’s important to have a job offer from a Canadian employer. The employer will then apply to the LMIA and ESDC for a permit for you to work in the country. The final decision as to whether your permit would be approved depends on the ESDC if they found the job position worthy of a foreign worker.
Conditions that must be met for your Temporary Work Permit Approval
Before your temporary work permit can be approved. You must;
- Provide proof that you would leave the country on the expiration of your permit
- Medically fit and certified to be able to pass a medical examination
- The employer must be eligible to hire a foreign worker
- Proof of your financial capability throughout your stay in the country
NOTE: Work permits are only temporary and can’t in any way be used to immigrate to the country. If you would like to move to the country with your skills and work experience, you can consider applying to the country as a skilled worker or using the experience class immigration program
Is it possible to become a permanent resident of the country?
Yes, it’s possible to become a permanent resident of the country as a temporary foreign worker. The country has a lot of immigration programs you can choose from to become a permanent resident of the country.
Below are some of the available programs you can choose from;
1. Canada Experience Class: This program is available to foreign skilled workers with the required work experience in the country who would love to become permanent residents.
Requirements for Application
- A minimum of 1-year full-time work experience in the country
- An application must be within 3 years of obtaining the required work experience
- Language proficiency certification
2. Provincial Nominee Program: As a temporary worker in the country, you can use this program if you have a job offer in a province. Employers from the province would apply for temporary workers or skilled immigrants. If you’ve considered, you’ll be effectively nominated for permanent residence in the country. After nomination, you’re then required to apply through the IRCC official website.
- Have a valid work permit
- Have a valid skilled job offer
- The employer must be approved by the provincial government to recruit foreign workers