A lot of people come to the country for different purposes. This could either be for tourism, studying, working, medical care, and lots more. It’s important to note that most citizens of European countries do not require visas to enter the country.
With a valid UK Visa, you’ll be allowed to enter the country either by sea, air, or land. Once you have a visa, you’re certified to have met the requirement to migrate into the country.
This guide will help you understand the various requirements and processes you need to follow in order to successfully obtain United Kingdom Visa.
Types of UK Visa
There are different types of UK visas depending on your purpose of migrating to the country. Below are some of the common types of UK Visas;
- Tourist Visa: This type of visa is meant for applicants who would like to move into the country to visit family and friends, vacation (holiday), business meetings and seminars, medical care, marriage, and lots more.
- Transit Visa: This type of visa is meant for applicants who only to land in the United Kingdom before boarding another flight to their destination.
- Work Visa: This type of visa is meant for applicants who are coming to the country for job/employment purposes.
- Study Visa: This type of visa is meant for applicants who are moving into the country for educational purposes. Applicants who are enrolled to study in higher institutions in the country need this type of visa before they can study in the country.
How to Apply for UK Visa
Application and processing of UK Visa are online. Processing time and how to apply depending on the type of visa you’re applying for. All you need to do is to sign up and create an account on the official immigration platform
Below are some of the details that you would need to fill in your application form online;
- Full name
- Country of origin
- Country of residence
- Passport number
- Marital Status
- Reasons for moving to the country
- Date of Birth
- And others
Required Documentation for UK Visa Application
In order to apply and process your UK Visa application, the following documents must be made available;
- Visa application form
- Two identical passport photographs
- A valid and genuine passport that will serve as a means of identification
- Proof of financial capability throughout the applicant’s period of stay in the country
- Proof of accommodation in the country
- Submission of a detailed travel itinerary
- Proof of visa application fees payment
- Recent tuberculosis test results (depending on your country of origin)
What Next After Submission of Application Online?
After the successful submission of your application online, the next thing is to schedule your visa application appointment which can be done online as well. After scheduling your appointment, print out a confirmation email online which you would take with you to the visa application center along with valid and genuine documents as required on your booked date.
It’s important that documents that would be taken to your appointment are original, valid, and tally with the information provided in your application online. Appointments must be booked in your name and not with a third party’s name.
What Happen if Your Visa Application is Denied?
In a situation where your application for UK Visa is denied, you’ll be informed of the reasons for the denial. You can appeal for the motion if you feel the reason is not valid. If the application is still rejected even after appealing, then you can start another application taking note of your former mistakes.