A lot of people come to the country for different purposes. This could either be for tourism, studying, working, medical care, or permanently moving into the country. Before you can move into the country, you need to have a valid visa.
This guide will help you understand the various requirements and processes you need to follow in order to successfully obtain United States of America Visa.
Types of USA Visa
There are different types of USA visas depending on your purpose of migrating to the country. Below are some of the common types of USA Visas;
- Tourist Visa: This type of visa is meant for applicants who would like to move into the country to visit family and friends, vacation (holiday), business meetings and seminars, medical care, marriage, and lots more.
- Transit Visa: This type of visa is meant for applicants who only to land in the United Kingdom before boarding another flight to their destination.
- Work Visa: This type of visa is meant for applicants who are coming to the country for job/employment purposes.
- Study Visa: This type of visa is meant for applicants who are moving into the country for educational purposes. Applicants who are enrolled to study in higher institutions in the country need this type of visa before they can study in the country.
How to Apply for USA Visa
Once you are sure of the correct visa type for you depending on the reason for wanting to visit the country. What you need to do is to visit the official US immigration website to fill out the non-immigrant visa application form.
The Non-Visa Immigration Application is divided into two parts; the first part contains the personal information of the applicant and the second contains background information and security-related questions.
Below are some of the details that you would need to fill in the first part of your application form online;
- Full name
- Country of origin
- Country of residence
- Passport number
- Passport book number
- Marital Status
- Reasons for moving to the country
- Date of Birth
- Family information
- Work history
Below are some of the related questions that can be found in the second part of the application form
- Have you been convicted or arrested for a crime?
- Have you ever engaged or violate any law forbidding controlled substances?
- Have you ever been involved in laundering of money?
After filling out the application form online, the next thing to do is make payment for the application fees online. It’s important that payment for the visa application fee is non-refundable even if your application is rejected.
All visa applicants to the country within the age range of 14 – 79 must undertake compulsory interview during their visa processing. So it’s important to schedule the interview immediately the application form is submitted
Required Documents for Visa Processing
For processing your visa application form, some documents are required which would serve as a proof that you meet the requirement for the visa application. Below are some of the document
- Online Application form
- One passport photograph
- Proof of visa application fees
- Social media details (if any)
There’re at least 40 countries of the world that are exempted from applying for a visa before they can move into the United States of America.
Below are some of the countries that are visa-free;
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- And lots more